Robert M. Kerr Food & Agricultural Products Center
FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food
Register (Visa, MasterCard, Cash or Checks Accepted)
The new FSMA regulation requires every processing facility to have a trained resource person or Preventive Controls Qualified Individual who has completed a specialized training course such as the one developed by the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA) that is recognized by the FDA. This person will oversee the implementation of the facility’s food safety plan and other key tasks. This 3-day course will cover the following areas.
- Food safety plan overview
- GMPs and other prerequisite programs
- Biological food safety hazards
- Chemical, physical and economically motivated food safety hazards
- Preliminary steps in developing a food safety plan
- Hazard analysis and preventive controls determination
- process preventive controls
- Food allergen preventive controls
- Sanitation preventive controls
- Supply chain preventive controls
- Verification and validation procedures
- Record-keeping procedures
- cGMP and hazard analysis and risk-based preventive controls
- Cost: $800 per person for large companies (greater than 10 employees); $700 per person for small companies (10 employees or less)
- (A $25 fee will be billed to those who fail to cancel or attend.)
- The registration fees cover lunch, refreshments and workshop material costs.
- Register (Visa, MasterCard, Cash or Checks Accepted), or call Karen Smith at 405-744-6277 to pay by phone.
- A block of rooms is reserved at Home2 Suites by Hilton - Stillwater. Call 405-372-2550 and mention the group code FAP, or book online with the group code to get the $91 plus taxes special rate.
OSU is now a tobacco free campus. For more information visit http://tobaccostopshere.okstate.edu.