Robert M. Kerr Food & Agricultural Products Center
- FAPC Research Symposium features research and top student awards
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma State University’s Robert M. Kerr Food & Agricultural Products Center held its annual FAPC Research Symposium highlighting food and agricultural products research conducted by FAPC and other OSU researchers.
- From Scratch to Market: Commercializing a Food Product
Feb 18, 2015
Oklahoma State University’s Robert M. Kerr Food & Agricultural Products Center has food scientists that specialize in helping entrepreneurs commercialize homemade recipes.
- FAPC Analytical Services accreditation renewed by A2LA
Jan 28, 2015
Robert M. Kerr Food & Agricultural Products Center’s Analytical Services laboratory earned a renewal of its accreditation by A2LA in the chemical field of testing.
- FAPC welcomes new food safety specialist
Jan 16, 2015
Oklahoma State University’s Robert M. Kerr Food & Agricultural Products Center is striving to be a leader in global food safety and has added a new position to strengthen that effort.
- FAPC partners with Oklahoma Department of Agriculture to offer Food Safety for Small Farms/Businesses Training
Jan 15, 2015
Oklahoma State University’s Robert M. Kerr Food & Agricultural Products Center and the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry are partnering to provide Food Safety for Small Farms and Businesses Training.
- Top 10 food safety tips to remember this holiday season
Dec 11, 2014
Oklahoma State University’s Robert M. Kerr Food & Agricultural Products Center wants to make sure you keep food safety tips in mind when you are preparing those holiday meals.
- Gobble up Thanksgiving food safety tips from FAPC
Nov 18, 2014
FAPC wants Oklahomans to have a safe and happy Thanksgiving and suggests the following food safety tips when preparing that Thanksgiving meal.
- Food industry leaders meet at Capitol to discuss food and ag issues
Nov 18, 2014
Food industry leaders from across Oklahoma took time from their busy schedules to meet during a recent advisory meeting of Oklahoma State University’s Robert M. Kerr Food & Agricultural Products Center.
- Proposed OSU food-safety program will benefit both students and food industry
Oct 30, 2014
With a growing demand for safe quality food products, the need for food industry companies to engage in food-safety programs is more important than ever.
- FAPC's advisory board commits funding for OSU food-safety program
Oct 16, 2014
Oklahoma’s food and agricultural leaders are keeping food safety a priority in food-processing facilities and supporting the education to prepare students to work in food safety and the food-processing industry.
- $1 million gift provides opportunity to develop OSU food-safety program
Sep 30, 2014
An advisory board of Oklahoma State University’s Robert M. Kerr Food & Agricultural Products Center recognized the need to educate students in food safety, providing more than $1 million as a lead gift toward a $3.4 million fundraising goal to create a food-safety program at OSU.
- Wine proudly made from Oklahoma-grown grapes
Sep 15, 2014
Many people do not know that at the end of the 19th century, Oklahoma was the fourth largest grape-growing state in the United States – thanks primarily to the European settlers who made Oklahoma their home. That all ended with statehood in 1907. Now, a very young grape and wine industry has begun anew.
- Remember food safety when firing up the grill
Jul 23, 2014
FAPC wants Oklahomans to have a safe and fun summer and suggests the following food safety tips when preparing favorite, summertime meals.
- Oklahoma companies participate in Fancy Food Show in NY
Jul 22, 2014
Made in Oklahoma food companies shined in The Big Apple as they participated in the largest marketplace devoted exclusively to specialty foods and beverages in North America, the Fancy Food Show in New York.
- FAPC student wins IFT Food Biotech competition
Jul 21, 2014
An Oklahoma State University student won first place in the Institute of Food Technologists’ Food Biotech graduate paper competition.
- FAPC advisory board discusses food safety program during biannual meeting
Jun 12, 2014
Food safety was the topic of discussion during a recent advisory board meeting of Oklahoma State University’s Robert M. Kerr Food & Agricultural Products Center.
- Unitherm’s David Howard honored as OSU ‘DASNR Champion’
May 07, 2014
A European by birth, David Howard has become a great American success story, to the benefit of the U.S. food industry, the state of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State University’s Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources.
- FAPC supporter to be honored as DASNR Champion
Apr 29, 2014
Oklahoma State University’s Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources will honor three Oklahomans with one of the organization’s highest honors, the DASNR Champion award.
- Made in Oklahoma movement helps entrepreneurs with their dreams
Apr 09, 2014
This Tulsa World article highlights FAPC's help with Made in Oklahoma companies, such as Premier Popcorn in Tulsa.
- FAPC supports Made in Oklahoma Month
Apr 07, 2014
April is Made in Oklahoma Month, and Oklahoma State University’s Robert M. Kerr Food & Agricultural Products Center is helping to support local food companies.
- Oklahoma vineyard workbook completed
Mar 24, 2014
Oklahoma State University recently published the Oklahoma Vineyard Management Workbook (E-1035), which provides vineyard managers a means of evaluating the completeness of addressing all areas of vineyard management.
- FAPC promotes Bake and Take Month in March
Mar 12, 2014
Oklahoma is often recognized for being a leading state in wheat production. As a result, Oklahoma State University’s Robert M. Kerr Food & Agricultural Products Center is excited to promote and recognize this commodity by celebrating Bake and Take Month in March.
- FAPC awards top student presentations during Research Symposium
Feb 20, 2014
In conjunction with OSU Research Week, FAPC held its annual Research Symposium to highlight the scholarly research and accomplishments of students and faculty.
- Popping the Cork on a State Wine
Feb 04, 2014
To help promote Oklahoma wines, FAPC is assisting the Oklahoma Grape Industry Council to identify special blends of Oklahoma wines to be used as a state wine, specifically by the Governor of Oklahoma.
- Gilliland family donates milk bottle collection to FAPC
Dec 19, 2013
The family of the late Stanley E. Gilliland, former FAPC food microbiologist, donated his extensive milk bottle collection to FAPC, and with the help of Braum’s, the collection is displayed in the front lobby of the building.